- What are you learning in the salon right now?
“I am so blessed because I am learning so much every day at Body Perfections just being able to work next to such talented hairstylists. We also have Lucy who is our Director of Education. I am learning to take techniques I already know and improving them.”
- What do you think prepared you the most while attending The Salon Professional Academy to be in a salon?
“The Salon Professional Academy prepared me in so many ways, I am not sure I can pick just one. But the main thing, is the atmosphere at TSPA does feel like a salon and not a school. Being out on the Student Salon Training Area is probably what prepared me the most and having that interaction with clients. Also the way they taught us to do consultations and the planning binders to track our numbers and set goals.”
- What is your favorite hottest trend right now?
“My favorite hottest trend has to be all the vivid colors. I haven’t been able to do many, but I would love to start. My next favorite trend would be hair painting and root smudging.”
- What surprised you most about being in a salon?
“I guess the thing that surprised me the most is how in school we were taught that only you can make yourself busy and you can’t count on the salon to do it all and that is so true! The salon you are in can only do so much to build your clientele. You have have to be very dedicated to passing out referral cards, connecting with your clients and making sure you post on social media.”
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about attending The Salon Professional Academy of Holland?
“If someone were to tell me they are attending TSPA, I’d tell them Good Choice! Being able to leave the school feeling so ready to further your education in a salon is the best feeling and that’s how I felt leaving. I don’t think I would of taken the leap of going to Cosmetology school if it wasn’t for TSPA.”
- What is one thing you wish you could go back and tell yourself when you were a student?
“I would go back and tell myself that the 11 months of going to school full time, working part time and being a mom full time would really pay off. I remember it being stressful, but now looking back I feel it was such a short period and now I have a lifetime of happiness being able to go into work and not feel like I’m working a day in my life. I have so much fun at work and it’s where I am able to put all my creativity to use in one place.”
You can schedule a service with Rita at Body Perfections in Holland!
- Spotlight on… July 5, 2021
- EXTREME Deals Happening Here June 28, 2021
- Summer Specials are here! June 4, 2021
- TSPA Grad “Excited to use license for a greater purpose” June 4, 2021
- Might as Well Jump (JUMP!) May 24, 2021
- Happy Mother’s Day! May 10, 2021
- We are Mind-Readers May 10, 2021
- Don’t let Aunt Betsy get ANOTHER empty birthday card! February 26, 2021
- Why Traditional College isn’t the Answer February 14, 2020
- Best of the Best 2019 February 14, 2020
- The Salon Professional Academy of Holland Alumni Spotlight February 14, 2020